6 Weird Ways People Dodge Spending On Valentine’s Day

Forum 6 years ago

6 Weird Ways People Dodge Spending On Valentine’s Day

After a long wait, Valentine is here! The media is awash with stories about it and relaxation spots are set for the ”big day.”

Although meant to celebrate love, which is beyond gender, Valentine seem to interest females more than their male counterpart.

Recently, a friend posted on his Facebook page, asking: “Why must it be the guy that buys the gift on Valentine’s Day? Is it that guys don’t need to be shown love?”

Interestingly, comments went berserk with a women-populated majority claiming that ladies are more emotional beings and hence should be pampered with love, especially on Val’s Day.

From observation, both genders exhibit some funny attitude few days to the day, perhaps to avoid the spendings that come with its celebration.

Most ladies usually exhibit the following acts leading up to the day:

Become More Responsive

Before now, you might call her, send tones of messages and she would not reply. But when she hears that Valentine is coming, she might be the one calling you to check up on you.

When she starts asking you “Have you eaten?” Or “How was your night?” my brother, check your calendar, it might just be February!

Slaying To Kill

When it is close to Valentine’s Day, many ladies make it a priority to “slay” in their dressing.

From putting on shades even at night to wearing suit in the oven-baked sun, all might be ploys to get attention.

Starts Hinting About Some Items She Needs

“I just saw one fine gown while returning from Oshodi the other day,” “My friend just bought one shoe like that.”

If you hear stuffs like this when it is January ending, take an eagle-eye peep into the future and you’d see Valentine coming to give you a hug!

What About the Men?

We can’t talk about one without the other, right? Yes, of course.

Just as some ladies show off weird attitude when Valentine is zooming faster, the men are not left out.

He Ignores Your Calls, Chats

Once Valentine is knocking on the door, some men become suspicious of taking their calls and replying chats on various social media handles.

If he does not tell you that he is "busy," he might tell you he did not see the messages/calls.

Valentine Becomes “Canal”

Someone who does not know the road to the church before now, suddenly, he is the one telling you that he has a church event that will last one month?

Check it well, he is not trying to be more Catholic than the Pope but just looking for a loophole to exploit and avoid buying those gifts on Val’s Day.

He Asks You To Lend Him Money

This is one of the weirdest ways to dodge the expenses that come with the day. Of course, when he starts lamenting that he needs money for a “very important project” and how he has not been “eating” well for the past week due to some things he is “running,” he is indirectly telling you that there is “no show" that day so brace up.

So, what weird ways do people avoid spending on Valentine’s Day?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 4 hours ago

Forum | 4 hours ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals

Nigerian Marine Police Search For Two People Flung Into Lagoon During Accident In Lagos
Forum | 5 days ago

Nigerian Marine Police Search For Two People Flung Into Lagoon During Accident In Lagos