Abbott Elementary Daniel Radcliffe Casting Idea Shared by Quinta Brunson

Forum 2 months ago

Abbott Elementary Daniel Radcliffe Casting Idea Shared by Quinta Brunson

Abbott Elementary creator and star Quinta Brunson has an idea for bringing Daniel Radcliffe onto the ABC sitcom, telling Entertainment Weekly that she had once pitched having the Harry Potter star play the son of school janitor Mr. Johnson (William Stanford Davis).

Brunson’s idea for Radcliffe on Abbott Elementary, explained

“I love Daniel Radcliffe,” Brunson said. “He’s a very good, sweet guy, and a friend of mine. For some reason in the room we were like, what if Daniel Radcliffe was Mr. Johnson’s son? And there’s no rhyme or reason. It’s so dumb. And not like Daniel Radcliffe as somebody, like Daniel Radcliffe [himself] is Mr. Johnson’s son.”

The duo, who previously shared the screen in both Weird: The Al Yankovic Story and Miracle Workers, have expressed a desire to work together in the past. For his part, Radcliffe has mentioned that he’d like to be in a romantic comedy with the Emmy-winning Brunson.

During its relatively short run, Abbott Elementary hasn’t been a stranger to bringing in familiar guest stars. Throughout its two seasons, the popular comedy show has brought in The Bear’s Ayo Edebiri, Empire’s Taraji P. Henson, and Vince Staples. Season 3 will welcome Josh Segarra (Scream 6), Kimia Behpoornia (Hacks), and Benjamin Norris (Never Have I Ever) in recurring roles.

Abbott Elementary is created and executive produced by Brunson, who also leads as as Janine Teagues. The cast also includes Tyler James Williams as Gregory Eddie, Janelle James as Ava Coleman, Lisa Ann Walter as Melissa Schemmenti, Chris Perfetti as Jacob Hill, William Stanford Davis as Mr. Johnson, and Emmy Award winner Sheryl Lee Ralph as Barbara Howard.

“In this workplace comedy, a group of dedicated, passionate teachers — and a slightly tone-deaf principal — are brought together in a Philadelphia public school where, despite the odds stacked against them, they are determined to help their students succeed in life,” reads the series’ synopsis. “Though these incredible public servants may be outnumbered and underfunded, they love what they do — even if they don’t love the school district’s less-than-stellar attitude toward educating children.”

Abbott Elementary Season 3 premieres Wednesday, February 7 on ABC.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 4 days ago

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello

Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series
Forum | 1 week ago

Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series

I Don
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Don't Regard Her - Daniel Regha Talks About Rift With Toyin Abraham

Jeremy Allen White’s Bruce Springsteen Casting Confirmed, Biopic Movie Finds Distributor
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Jeremy Allen White’s Bruce Springsteen Casting Confirmed, Biopic Movie Finds Distributor