Nigerian Awards Are Not Credible, Worse Than Grammys – Timaya Speaks

Forum 2 months ago

Nigerian Awards Are Not Credible, Worse Than Grammys – Timaya Speaks

Inetimi Alfred Timaya Odon, the famous Nigerian singer, who is popularly known as Timaya, has claimed that Nigerian awards lack credibility.

Daily Post reports that some Nigerians have accused the Grammy organizers of complicity after the Recording Academy snubbed all the Nigerian nominees at the 66th Grammys, with Tyla, the only non-Nigerian nominee in the maiden Best African Music Performance category, winning the award.

Reacting during a recent interview with The Beat 99.9 FM, Lagos, Timaya said Nigerian awards are even worse than the Grammys in terms of credibility.

The host asked,
“What is your take on a lot of people saying the Grammy used Afrobeats and we need to come back home and grow?”

Timaya replied, “We don’t need to come back home. Even our own, which credible awards? Is it the Hip-hop awards, Hip TV awards [The Headies]? I don’t even know. They are not credible either. They are even worse than the Grammys.

“If we have a homegrown award that is credible, people would gravitate towards it. But for now, whether you like it or not, Grammy is still Grammy. We don’t have to back down [because Nigerian artists lost this year]. We are going again.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 4 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 5 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa