Drama In Court As Nigerian Man Demands N7 Million To Grant Divorce Request In Kaduna

Forum 2 months ago

Drama In Court As Nigerian Man Demands N7 Million To Grant Divorce Request In Kaduna

On Thursday, civil servant Jamilu Zuntu insisted on a payment of N7 million from his wife, Hadiza Aliyu, as a condition for granting her divorce request.

Hadiza is seeking a divorce of the three-year-old marriage at a Shari’a court in Magajin Gari, Kaduna.

He told the court that he had spent N2.5 million on her education over two and a half years.

I also bought boxes of clothes worth N2.5 million and paid for other traditional rites,” he claimed.

Hadiza, while reacting to her husband’s demand, said that she was only ready to pay N100,000, the dowry paid on her, “to free me from this union.”

Represented by her counsel, A. A. Imam, Hadiza also prayed for the custody of their two-year-old daughter, as the father was
“not in a position to provide for her.”

The Judge, Isiyaku Abdulrahman, after listening to both sides, adjourned the matter to Feb. 27 for a ruling.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos