LaLiga: Stop lying, fans deserve truth about club – Pique tells Barcelona

Forum 1 month ago

LaLiga: Stop lying, fans deserve truth about club – Pique tells Barcelona

Former Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué has warned the Spanish club not to deceive supporters and encouraged them to be open and transparent about their situation.

Barça are around €200 million in excess of their LaLiga-imposed annual spending limit of €204 million.

This is preventing the Catalans from registering any potential new players or contract renewals.

Piqué is not convinced that things look good in the short-term.

“The fans want honesty and transparency. If the reality is tough, then say it.

“What you cannot do is sell smoke and mirrors and say we’re going to win the Champions League if you then don’t have the money to compete.

“I don’t know the club’s situation at the moment — from what I can gather it doesn’t seem that good — but what the socios [members] value is being told the truth to their faces,” Pique said on Ibai Llanos’ Twitch channel.

He added: “What you cannot do is say ‘I am going to sign [Erling] Haaland,’ which looks great, but how do you do it?

“I’m just using Haaland as an example, it’s not to do with rumours. I could equally say [Kylian] Mbappé or whoever.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 2 days ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 3 days ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 3 days ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release