Okuama Killings: l Will Trouble Any Monarch Who Shields Suspects – Governor Oborevwori Declares

Forum 1 month ago

Okuama Killings: l Will Trouble Any Monarch Who Shields Suspects – Governor Oborevwori Declares

Governor Sheriff Oborevwori of Delta State has warned that he will take action against any traditional ruler in the state who protects suspects linked to the killing of four military officers and 13 soldiers in Okuama community, Ughelli South Local Government Area.

The Governor gave the warning when he addressed traditional rulers on the unfortunate incident in Asaba.

The Governor who said the act was alien to the state, described it as barbaric, inhumane and unacceptable and vowed that those who committed the evil must be made to face the full wrath of the law.

He said no kingdom should shield the perpetrators of the dastardly act, adding that Delta is governed within the tenets of the rule of law and human decency.

“Those people who committed that evil act must face the wrath of the law. No kingdom should shield those criminals because Delta state is governed by the tenets of the law and human decency.

“I have briefed you and made sure that you fish them out from your kingdoms. If any traditional ruler shields a criminal, that traditional ruler is inviting trouble.

“We cannot tolerate that. It has never happened in this state; to kill one Lt. Colonel, two Majors, one Captain and 13 Soldiers. We need to fish out those involved.

“Do not hide or shield anybody. The Chief of Army Staff and Mr. President have assured me that innocent people will not be victimised; unless you connive with the killers of the soldiers.

“We did not bargain for this evil act but for peace, I don’t want a crisis. I have also received information that two other villages are boiling to fight, they should not fight, we want peace in all our communities” the Governor warned.

“So please my dear royal fathers let us be on the same page to fish out these people. Don’t allow anybody who committed this evil act to come to your kingdom and bring problems to your community.

“Tell us and we will hand them over to security agencies. You should not play politics with this. Don’t say that the Army has taken over your village because they cannot just come to your village without getting information. But I assure you people that no innocent person will be victimised” the Governor stated.

Responding, Chairman Delta State Traditional Rulers Council, His Royal Majesty, Maj. Gen. Felix Mujakperuo, (retd), said that they were on the same page with the Governor to ensure peace and security in the state.

While saying that the security of various kingdoms would dovetail into the security of the state and the nation, he called for a judicial panel of enquiry to unravel the immediate and remote cause of the crisis.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 23 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 6 days ago

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 6 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo