Netflix’s Ghostbusters Animated Series Gets an Update From Frozen Empire Director

Forum 1 month ago

Netflix’s Ghostbusters Animated Series Gets an Update From Frozen Empire Director

During a recent interview with Alex Zane, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire director Gil Kenan finally shared a brand new update regarding the current status of Netflix’s upcoming Ghostbusters animated series. He confirmed that the all scripts for the project have already been completed.

“I just watched an entire art presentation for the show. I’ve seen the sets and the environments, and I just saw my first glimpse at a world of supernatural characters as realized by our brilliant creative team,” Kenan said. “All I can say is the work is being done as we speak. It’s in what we call full development. Scripts are being written, art is being created, and it’s a great time to be a Ghostbuster.”

Netflix’s Ghostbusters Animated Series Has Been in Development Since 2022

The untitled Ghostbuster animated series is executive produced by Jason Reitman and Kenan through their Ghost Corps, Inc. banner. It hails from Sony Pictures Animation. This marks the third animated series of the horror comedy franchise following ABC’s The Real Ghostbusters in the late 80s and Extreme Ghostbusters in 1997.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, which is now in theaters worldwide, was directed by Gil Kenan (Monster House, City of Ember) from a screenplay he co-wrote with Jason Reitman. It stars Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd, Mckenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard, Celeste O’Connor, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, Patton Oswalt, Kumail Nanjiani, and more.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 20 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 20 hours ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 1 day ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser Trailer Previews Animated Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser Trailer Previews Animated Spin-off