England’s Euro 2024 squad: He’s under pressure – Alan Shearer on Man Utd star

Forum 4 weeks ago

England’s Euro 2024 squad: He’s under pressure – Alan Shearer on Man Utd star

Newcastle United legend, Alan Shearer believes Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford’s place in England’s Euro 2024 squad is under significant threat.

Shearer feels Rashford is under pressure and could miss out on England manager, Gareth Southgate’s final squad for Euro 2024 if he doesn’t perform well between now and the end of the season.

Rashford was an unused substitute in England’s recent friendly 2-2 draw with Belgium.

He, however, played only 15 minutes in England’s 1-0 defeat to Brazil.

Speaking about Rashford, Shearer said as quoted by The Athletic: “If Rashford plays well between now and the end of the season, then that could potentially force the manager’s hand. But I don’t think he’s a certainty to go, no.

“He is not a centre-forward, he doesn’t want to play there. He’d be going as a wide forward who can play as a striker in an emergency.

“You can tell from his body language that he doesn’t want to play there for Manchester United. If he is going to be in the squad, it would not be ahead of Harry Kane, Watkins or Toney, it’d be as a wide forward.”

He added, “Grealish and Rashford are definitely under pressure for their positions. It is tough but, whoever Gareth picks, he can just point at all the options, whereas defensively he doesn’t have anywhere near as much depth.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 13 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 21 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 22 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG