EPL: You aren’t going anywhere – Clichy slams Arsenal after 0-0 draw with Man City

Forum 4 weeks ago

EPL: You aren’t going anywhere – Clichy slams Arsenal after 0-0 draw with Man City

Former Manchester City defender, Gael Clichy has slammed Arsenal’s approach to their title decider against Pep Guardiola’s side on Sunday.

The former Premier League star said he was frustrated with how deep Gabriel Jesus and Bukayo Saka dropped against the Cityzens.

Arsenal and Manchester City, two sides contending for the title this season, played out a dull 0-0 draw, with Mikel Arteta’s side taking up a conservative approach in the game.

Saka started on the right-wing and Gabriel Jesus was the starting left-winger, with Gabriel Martinelli unable to feature from the beginning.

Clichy told Premier League Productions, “You know Man City, they will have possession and you know you will help them in transition on the second ball.

“This is what you (Jesus and Saka) can’t do when you are so deep. Even when you collect the ball, you have more than 50-60 meters to go again.

"That’s what we said, with the fullbacks/wing-backs Man City are using, at the moment. You can give yourself a chance to be a little bit higher as a winger and ask your fullbacks for a bit more energy to close them down. I know it’s hard, but you have to take risks and without risks, you aren’t going anywhere.

“I like to see teams play. To see Arsenal with the wingers coming very deep, when I say disappointed, I am not disappointed because they didn’t play well.

“I think they played really well with the game plan they had. You always think, with the quality they had, they could try to go and do something. I think they really had this. It’s the only team that could do this to Man City and it’s the only reason I am disappointed.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race