How I Was Duped $70K For A Song Remix – Kcee

Forum 3 weeks ago

How I Was Duped $70K For A Song Remix – Kcee

Popular singer Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo aka Kcee has narrated how he lost $70K.

He spoke while explaining why he has not been doing remixes of his top songs.

Speaking in a recent episode of Isbae U’s YouTube series ‘Curiosity made me ask’ the father of two talked about his music career, evolution and how he had stayed relevant in the industry despite having been around for more than three decades at the highest level.

The ‘Ojapiano’ crooner shared how he once tried to get an American artist to feature on his song some years back, but unfortunately, got duped.

He also shared how the American band One Republic reached out to him and asked for the opportunity to be on the remix of his song, Ojapiano.

The host, Isbae U asked KCee to confirm if he didn’t pay for the remix, he reiterated that he didn’t and was shocked that One Republic would reach out to him and want to be on the same song.

His words: “Well I don’t need to say too much but I can’t pay anybody for a remix. Actually I tried to pay for a remix like about eight, nine years ago and they duped me about $70k and that was when I said I would never pay anybody a dime for collaboration.

“I didn’t beg them, they messaged me. The truth is the sound was very good. The sound was new and the sound was fresh.

“A lot of people tried to hit me up for a remix and anybody that knows me, I hardly do remixes of my hit songs. And most of my hit songs are always with me but this one when they came for it, I was like who am I, I was shocked.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Was Irritated While Writing My Hit Song ‘Joromi’ - Simi
Forum | 6 days ago

I Was Irritated While Writing My Hit Song ‘Joromi’ - Simi

Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi
Forum | 1 week ago

Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi

Billie Eilish’s Barbie Song ‘What Was I Made For?’ Boomed in Sales After Oscars Win
Forum | 1 month ago

Billie Eilish’s Barbie Song ‘What Was I Made For?’ Boomed in Sales After Oscars Win

I Blocked Dammy Krane After He Asked Me to Do Cover for His Song – Dandizzy
Forum | 2 months ago

I Blocked Dammy Krane After He Asked Me to Do Cover for His Song – Dandizzy