Kevin Costner Gives Update on Potential Yellowstone Return

Forum 2 weeks ago

Kevin Costner Gives Update on Potential Yellowstone Return

Kevin Costner was recently gave an update on his potential future in the Yellowstone series at the ongoing CinemaCon in Las Vegas.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight (via THR), Costner — who departed the series during the first half of Season 5 — said that he would love to return to the series, but noted that there’s a lot of unknowns when it comes to returning.

“I’d like to be able to do it but we haven’t been able to,” said Costner. “I thought I was going to make seven [seasons] but right now we’re at five. So how it works out — I hope it does — but they’ve got a lot of different shows going on. Maybe it will. Maybe this will circle back to me. If it does and I feel really comfortable with [it], I’d love to do it.”

Costner had his own ideas for his character

Costner reportedly left the series due to wanting to have more creative control over his character, John Dutton III, and what his fate would be. The legendary actor added that he’s had his own thoughts on how the show should end, but in the end it’s up to co-creator Taylor Sheridan.

“[Dutton] needs to be proactive in what happens and I’ve kind of had my own fantasy how [the character’s final arc] might be,” Costner said. “But that’s Taylor’s thing. I said as much to him a while back. I had thoughts how it could happen, but we just have to see.”

Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2 is set to premiere sometime in November, picking up from where the first half of Season 5 ended in January 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return
Forum | 4 hours ago

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe
Forum | 23 hours ago

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe

Spacey Unmasked: Max Acquires U.S. Rights to Kevin Spacey Documentary
Forum | 23 hours ago

Spacey Unmasked: Max Acquires U.S. Rights to Kevin Spacey Documentary

Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo
Forum | 23 hours ago

Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo