Tom Segura to Star In, Produce Netflix Dark Comedy Series

Forum 2 weeks ago

Tom Segura to Star In, Produce Netflix Dark Comedy Series

Comedian Tom Segura is set to star in and produce a six-episode dark comedy series for Netflix, the streamer announced on Wednesday.

The series will see Segura — who also acts as the narrator for the series — “take the viewer through a series of vignettes in each episode,” with every episode unfolding “in a hilariously disturbing way only he could imagine,” according to Netflix’s description of the series.

Segura wrote and fully produced the pilot of the series, which remains unnamed, with Rami Hachache, the director of his past Netflix specials Ball Hog and Mostly Stories. Jeremy Konner is also attached to the series as head writer, with Segura and Ryan Hall to produce through YMH Studios.

Currently, production on the series is set to begin sometime later this year, with the show scheduled to premiere sometime in 2025.

Segura has had several Netflix comedy specials previously

The comedian is no stranger to working with Netflix, having had five different Netflix specials with the streamer, the most of which was 2023’s Sledgehammer, which debuted at #1 for Netflix. Aside from his comedy, Segura has also written a New York Times bestselling book, I’d Like to Play Alone, Please, which debuted in 2022.

Segura is also currently on two separate podcasts, Your Mom’s House, which he co-hosts with his wife, comedian Christina Pazsitzky, and 2 Bears 1 Cave, a podcast he co-hosts with fellow comedian Bert Kreischer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 3 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 3 days ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation