You Don’t Understand Figures, Tinubu is Prudent – Umahi Tackles Atiku Over Projects

Forum 2 weeks ago

You Don’t Understand Figures, Tinubu is Prudent – Umahi Tackles Atiku Over Projects

The 2023 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has been tackled by the Minister of Works, David Umahi over his recent comment on the Lagos-Calabar coastal highway project.

Umahi slammed Atiku, saying he does not understand figures and the prudence of President Bola Tinubu’s administration.

Umahi said Atiku will understand the prudence of Tinubu’s administration when the total cost and breakdown of the ongoing Lagos-Calabar coastal highway project is released to the public.

Atiku had questioned Tinubu administration’s decision to award the contract to Gilbert Chagoury’s Hitech without competitive bidding, daring the president to disclose the full cost of the Lagos-Calabar highway project.

He also wondered why the Tinubu administration released N1.06 trillion for the pilot phase, or six per cent of the project, which begins at Eko Atlantic and is expected to terminate at the Lekki Deep Sea Port.

However, Umahi in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Orji Uchenna, said: “He (Atiku Abubakar) doesn’t understand figures. I am going to run figures for him to understand, and he will understand how prudent the administration of President Tinubu has been.

“He will understand how prudency is taking centre stage in this administration. The President has once queried me on the cost of ongoing projects nationwide. I had to analyse every basic rate of construction materials to arrive at our unit rates. I showed it to Mr. President. He still thinks I should bring down the cost of projects.

“At the same time, the contractors are crying that I am oppressing them so much by reviewing the costs of their projects downwards. They lamented that what they were getting before, they are no longer getting it now. They cried out. But when I run the figures, Nigerians will see what this present administration is doing.

“So, I’m not here to run the figures now. I will do that in a press conference on my visit to Lagos from April 10, 2024 to April 12, 2024.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 6 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 6 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 6 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 1 week ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri