Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate - Umahi

Forum 2 weeks ago

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate - Umahi

The Federal Government plans to charge N3,000 on average per toll gate on the Lagos-Calabar coastal road.

This was revealed on Thursday by Nigeria’s Minister of Works Dave Umahi  when he was featured on Channels Television’s The Morning Brief. 

“Let me leave out the infrastructure along the corridor. Let me just concentrate on the tolls and I put 50,000 vehicles as an average passage on these toll points per day,” Umahi said on the breakfast show.

“I put N3,000 as an average cost. N3,000 because the cars could be like N1,500, and the big trucks could be like N5,000,” he said. “So, we put an average”.

“In 15 years, you make back the money,” he said, dismissing calls that the cost budgeted for the road was high."

According to him, there will be security at the toll gates and also some facilities like filling stations.

“At every point of tolling, we also have toll station where we have a kind of relief activities: the restaurants, filling stations, parking lots, and so on and so forth,” Umahi said.

“So, people will now have confidence. In these sections, we intend to put CCTV all through.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 4 days ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 6 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star

Photo Of Eight Men Who Were Nabbed For Constructing A Shrine On Main Road In Lagos
Forum | 1 week ago

Photo Of Eight Men Who Were Nabbed For Constructing A Shrine On Main Road In Lagos

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension