You Have Desecrated The Holy Month For Claiming Your Party’s Victory Was Stolen – Sokoto Govt Slams Tambuwal

Forum 2 weeks ago

You Have Desecrated The Holy Month For Claiming Your Party’s Victory Was Stolen – Sokoto Govt Slams Tambuwal

The Sokoto State Government has taken a swipe at the immediate-past governor of the state, Sen Aminu Tambuwal and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over claims that they were robbed of victory in the 2023 gubernatorial polls in the state.

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC)  insisted that the opposition was delusional to think that they won the 2023 elections in the state.

Speaking via a statement on Wednesday, the state’s Commissioner for Information, Sambo Danchadi, argued that the claim that the election was manipulated’ against the PDP’s candidate, Alhaji Sa’aidu Umar, was both ridiculous and insulting to thousands of Sokoto people who voted massively for the ruling party and its governorship candidate, now Governor Ahmed Aliyu.

While addressing the party supporters and stakeholders in Sokoto recently, Tambuwal claimed that the PDP did not lose the 2023 governorship election in the state but was robbed of victory.

Reacting, the ruling party insisted that the PDP was rejected at the poll by the people due to its abysmal performance while in power.

“For the former governor to state that PDP won the 2023 governorship election in the state but was robbed of victory amounted to the desecration of the holy month,” Danchadi said.

He said the PDP only won the majority of votes in five local government areas out of the 23 local government areas in the state.

The commissioner further noted that the APC not only won the election but had justified its victory by addressing the issues over which the election was contested.

He said in the area of security, the state was now secure, adding that sending the PDP out of the Sokoto Government House was a case of good riddance still being celebrated by the people.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Three Notorious Car Snatchers Arrested In Delta, 12 Stolen Cars Recovered
Forum | 4 days ago

Three Notorious Car Snatchers Arrested In Delta, 12 Stolen Cars Recovered

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 5 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 5 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties