Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done

Forum 1 week ago

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done

Andor creator Tony Gilroy revealed Season 2 is in post-production. While speaking to the Writers Guild of America East, Gilroy shared his thoughts about working on Andor, calling the Star Wars series one of the most important things he’s ever done.

“I’ve been on Andor for five years now, we’re finishing the second half,” Gilroy said. “I’ve had a lot of fun over the years, but I don’t know whether I’ve ever done anything as important as these 24 hours of storytelling we’re doing now. I don’t know if it’s just ‘cause it’s a thing I’m on, but I don’t think so. I’ve never had a chance to work this big before.”

What to Expect in Andor Season 2?

Andor stars Diego Luna as Cassian Andor, the petty thief who eventually becomes one of the most important figures in the Rebellion. Luna reprises his role as Cassian from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Andor begins five years before Rogue One and A New Hope.

Besides Luna, Andor’s original stars include Stellan Skarsgård as Luthen Rael, Adria Arjona as Bix Caleen, Fiona Shaw as Maarva Andor, Denise Gough as Dedra Meero, Kyle Soller as Syril Karn, and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma.

Andor Season 2 wrapped filming in February 2024. Season 2 was originally set to premiere in August 2024. However, the strikes delayed the filming of Season 2, pushing back the release date. Skarsgård said new episodes will arrive “towards the end of the year or early next.”

Andor Season 1 premiered in September 2022 on Disney+. The 12-episode first season garnered overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Drama Series.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 3 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 3 days ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS
Forum | 3 days ago

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS