Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Forum 1 week ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Spider-Man 4 is on its way, with Tom Holland returning to lead. But Sony and Marvel are taking their time to come up with a perfect story as following Spider-Man: No Way Home with another successful entry is admittedly a tough ask, as per Holland.

Tom Holland says Spider-Man 4 needs to not overdo ‘the same things’

During the third annual Sands International Film Festival, Tom Holland opened up about Spider-Man in an interview with Deadline. When asked if he would be returning as the Web-Slinger, the Cherry actor said, “The simple answer is yes.”

But he also gave a more “complicated answer,” stating that the legacy of No Way Home needs to be protected. About moving forward with Spider-Man 4, he said:

“We have the best in the business working toward whatever the story might be. But until we’ve cracked it, we have a legacy to protect. The third movie was so special in so many ways that we need to make sure we do the right thing.”

The Homecoming star continued:

“This is the first time in this process that I’ve been part of the creative so early. It’s just a process where I’m watching and learning. It’s just a really fun stage for me. Like I said, everyone wants it to happen. But we want to make sure we’re not overdoing the same things.”

With that said, the return of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield may not be confirmed for Spider-Man 4, as Marvel could be looking to come up with a grounded take on the character next.

The release date and plot of Spider-Man 4 continue to be a mystery. But instead of bringing the other Spider-Men back, other setups from No Way Home could be used. One of those could be an appearance from Daredevil, while the other could be an extension of the Venom-centric post-credits scene.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate
Forum | 2 days ago

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate

Biography & Career Of Tom Felton
Forum | 2 days ago

Biography & Career Of Tom Felton

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery
Forum | 2 days ago

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery