9 Signs You Have a Toxic Partner, Even If You’re In Denial

Forum 7 years ago

9 Signs You Have a Toxic Partner, Even If You’re In Denial

Here are nine signs you may be dating a toxic person.

1. They Put You Down
It’s normal and completely healthy to get in an argument with your SO, but that doesn’t mean they can mock you, call you names, or discredit your feelings. They call you names and put you down constantly.

2 They Blame You For Everything
A relationship can become unhealthy when your partner doesn’t take any responsibility for their actions, especially if they believe they’re “perfect” and don’t find fault in their own actions.

3. They Manipulate Any Situation To Get Their Way
Manipulation is the complete opposite of what love is supposed to be. Relationships are about compromise and understanding. Just because your partner doesn't get their way doesn’t mean they should pout or try to pressure you to get what they want. This can make you second-guess yourself and allow you to lose sight of your own goals and values. If your partner can’t respect that, then you might want to reevaluate the relationship.

4. They Never Follow Through On Their Promises
They promise to stop doing something that they know hurts you but never follow through. Trust is numero uno in most relationships. However, the believability of your partners’ credo can slowly diminish when they continue to give you false promises.

5. They Dismiss Your Emotions
Nothing is worse than when you’re trying to express yourself to your partner and they completely discredit what your saying. They roll their eyes, heavily sigh, and state you’re being “dramatic” again. They dismiss your feelings or opinion as being wrong.

6. They Make You Question Yourself
A toxic partner makes you question yourself constantly. A classic description is feeling like you have to walk on eggshells because you don’t want to do anything that can possibly upset them.

7. You Can’t Be Yourself Around Them
Let’s be real: what’s the point of being in a relationship if you can’t be yourself? Your partner should motivate you to be the best version of yourself and not make you feel insecure or bring you down. A toxic partner will not let you be you. They want you to be what they think you should be. The result is that you feel like you are losing yourself and that you will never be good enough as you are. You feel unloved and insecure.

8. Problems Are Never Resolved
The same arguments repeat and never resolve.” This tends to happen a lot when you’re in a relationship with a toxic partner. While you might want to give your partner the benefit of the doubt, continuing to have these arguments over and over again can tarnish your relationship and be emotionally draining, too.

9. You Don’t Have Respect Toward Your Partner
When you view your partner as a narcissist or a child, your SO may be toxic.

For instance, when your partner continues to make child-like decisions and only thinks of themselves, it’s hard to have respect for a person who won’t consider your feelings.

Respect and trust is the basic foundation of every relationship. If your relationship don’t have these qualities, then it might be time to reconsider why your in the relationship in the first place.

Remember: it’s not worth ignoring your values and character for a toxic partner. Love yourself first and trust the path your bound to take

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
BREAKING: President Tinubu Signs National Student Loan Amendment Bill Into Law
Forum | 3 weeks ago

BREAKING: President Tinubu Signs National Student Loan Amendment Bill Into Law

BBNaija’s Queen: I Got 3 Signs From God Before Marrying My Husband
Forum | 1 month ago

BBNaija’s Queen: I Got 3 Signs From God Before Marrying My Husband

It Is Wrong To Have A Best Friend Other Than Your Partner - Skit Maker, Diva Gold Says
Forum | 2 months ago

It Is Wrong To Have A Best Friend Other Than Your Partner - Skit Maker, Diva Gold Says

If My Partner Doesn’t Fart, There Is A Problem – Anita Joseph Tells Tolanibaj (Video)
Forum | 2 months ago

If My Partner Doesn’t Fart, There Is A Problem – Anita Joseph Tells Tolanibaj (Video)