''You Must Bow To Your Husband Whether You Are A Graduate Or Not'' - Actor Oga Bello

Forum 6 years ago

''You Must Bow To Your Husband Whether You Are A Graduate Or Not'' - Actor Oga Bello

Legendary Nollywood Actor, Adebayo Salami popularly known as Oga Bello has given his advice concerning marriage.

In an interview with Broadway TV, the Yoruba Actor made it clear that one of the reasons why today's marriages hardly last up to 2 years is simply because of the importation of Western culture of equality.

He says we have thrown away our African culture and emulated the ways that are foreign to us. Below is what he said after he was asked if a man and his wife are equal.

''They are not. That's what I'm saying. We are throwing the African culture away. Our forefathers... you cannot claim that you are equal with your husband. It happens out there in the Western World. That's part of the emulation I'm talking about, which is wrong. African women are taught to bow to their husband; the husband too must respect the wife. Bow... do things for him, cook for him. Unlike there... you go to the restaurant to eat together. Even here, nowadays you see a husband will say ''let me take you out for lunch''. For what? Cook... let it be homemade.

Some people will get married, spend a lot of money and the marriage wont last 2 years. Some don't even last 6 months, because they claim they are equal... ''you are a graduate I'm a graduate''... and so? You must bow. But that's not to say you must take your wife as a slave. There must be respect for each other''.

Below are comments from Social Media fans concerning what he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Obey Court Order On Yahaya Bello - CSOs Tell EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Obey Court Order On Yahaya Bello - CSOs Tell EFCC

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist