Ghanaian President, Akufo-Addo Reacts After Copying Speeches of Two Former US Presidents

Forum 7 years ago

Ghanaian President, Akufo-Addo Reacts After Copying Speeches of Two Former US Presidents

The Communications director at the Presidency Eugene Arhin has apologised over the parts of the inaugural speech delivered by the President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo during his swearing-in on December 7, 2017 which was plagiarised.

Akufo-Addo made an embarrassing mistake yesterday after he plagiarized a speech by the former US President George Bush in January 2001, when he assumed office which read: “I ask you to be citizens: Citizens, not spectators; citizens, not subjects; responsible citizens building communities of service and a nation of character”.

While giving his own speech yesterday, he said: “I ask you to be citizens: citizens, not spectators; citizens, not subjects; responsible citizens building your communities and our nation’

He also plagiarized Bill Clinton's inaugural speech to the chagrin of all. Mr Arhin described this as an oversight saying it was not deliberate.

‘APOLOGY- Plagiarism Eugene Arhin, Communication Director at Golden Jubilee House writes.

'My attention has been drawn to references being made to a statement in the speech delivered by the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, at his swearing in on Saturday, January 7, 2017, which was not duly acknowledged.

'I unreservedly apologise for the non-acknowledgement of this quote to the original author. It was a complete oversight, and never deliberate.

'It is insightful to note that in the same speech were quotes from J.B Danquah, Dr. K.A. Busia, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and the Bible which were all duly attributed and acknowledged,’ he wrote on his Facebook page.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 10 hours ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche
Forum | 1 day ago

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

I
Forum | 2 days ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life