How Rashidi Yekini's Mother Won N2million In Millionaire Show. Photo

Forum 7 years ago

How Rashidi Yekini's Mother Won N2million In Millionaire Show. Photo

Further succor has come the way of Alhaja Sikirat Yekini, aged mother of late Super Eagles striker, Rashidi Yekini when she won N2million during her appearance on the popular TV show, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”.

She was assisted by Pa Dejumo Lewis and Binta Ayo Mogaji-Oduleye during its recent annual special edition tagged "Who Deserves to Be a Millionaire?”
Late Yekini who scored 37 goals in 58 appearances for the Super Eagles died in May 2012 at the age of 48.

Pictures of the aged mother had in May last went viral on the internet where she was shown selling bread and living in penury in Ira town, Oyun Local Government Area of Kwara State.

In the aftermath of the report, many philanthropic individuals came to her aid. Senate President Dr. Bukola Saraki also renovated her residence and donated money to her.

In what was described as another big relief for the aged woman, she went home with N2m during the show held at Ultima Studios in Lagos.

The highly elated Alhaja Yekini said the gesture had revealed to her that God truly exists

"Also, I am getting to realize that there are still some good people in our midst. Everything is still like a dream to me", she said in a chat after the show.

The woman who spoke in Yoruba added, "When the representative of this company contacted me that he would be coming to visit me?, all the way from Lagos, and that I should consider him as one of my sons, I could not believe it.

He said they wanted to celebrate with me and reward me. He now said something that touched my heart:

"we want to do part of what Rashidi would have further done for you if he had been around". Honestly, I was touched."

She disclosed that she would spend the money won on food and medication.

She said, "Let me tell you, the essence of events like this in human life cannot be quantified! It gives longevity.

That is the feeling I am having now. I am going to live longer. I have just seen life, yet again in another perspective.

Also, maybe I should tell you that the organizers have assured me of their guidance to enable me spend the money meaningfully."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 5 hours ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 4 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 4 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Photo Of Eight Men Who Were Nabbed For Constructing A Shrine On Main Road In Lagos
Forum | 5 days ago

Photo Of Eight Men Who Were Nabbed For Constructing A Shrine On Main Road In Lagos