‘I’m Not The Sexiest Girl Out There,’ Busiswa On Defying The Norms

Forum 6 years ago

‘I’m Not The Sexiest Girl Out There,’ Busiswa On Defying The Norms

The singer who is expecting her first child is on a mission to break entertainment industry norms.

The singer admitted that she has had her fair share of being bullied by social media trolls for what she looks like but has chosen to see it as an opportunity to change people’s minds on what a star is supposed to look like.

“I haven’t had a lot of negativity that has hit me hard or painful. It is just the normal trolling on Twitter. A difficulty that I still have is I am not a size 32. I am not the sexiest girl out there. I don’t fit into all the designer clothes. I don’t look like the model type that will wear shorts and shake my ass,” she said.

“That has been the industry norm for females and I have defied so many of the norms, and I have to keep doing that. I have to keep making my presence felt. I have to keep going.”

Busiswa says she’s thankful to her record label who do not put pressure on her and recognized her potential.

“Fortunately they weren’t looking for a pop star. They were looking for someone who is original. Even the people of South Africa are not always looking for a Rihanna or the perfect girl, they are looking for originality and I have tons of that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 5 hours ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 9 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara

How 14-Year-Old Girl Slumped, Died In Hotel Room After Going There With 17-Year-Old Lover In Bayelsa
Forum | 1 week ago

How 14-Year-Old Girl Slumped, Died In Hotel Room After Going There With 17-Year-Old Lover In Bayelsa

I Don Turn You Into Big Girl – Kizz Daniel Brags As His Wife Bags Another Endorsement Deal
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Don Turn You Into Big Girl – Kizz Daniel Brags As His Wife Bags Another Endorsement Deal