Video: Aspiring teenage footballer breaks Maradona 7 world record

Forum 6 years ago

Video: Aspiring teenage footballer breaks Maradona 7 world record

British teenager Tommy Boyd hopes to make it as a professional footballer one day - and what better way to kick-start his career than by achieving a Guinness World Records title?

The talented thirteen-year-old recently broke the record for the Fastest time to complete 10 Maradona seven football (soccer) tricks during an event at Henley College in Henley-upon-Thames, UK.

Tommy completed the challenging juggling trick – which was originally made famous by Argentina football legend Diego Maradona and involves moving the ball between the two feet, knees, shoulders and head – in a speedy 29.78 seconds.

He smashed the previous record of 35.47 seconds which was achieved by multiple record-breaking football freestyler John Farnworth (UK) a few months earlier.

“I decided to break the Maradona world record because I’m passionate about my ambition to become a professional footballer,” Tommy told us in his application for the title.

Tommy Boyd football tricks
As well as showcasing his impressive skills, the young soccer player also had another reason for attempting a Guinness World Records title:

His grandfather sadly passed away from Leukaemia a year ago, and Tommy wanted to raise money for the blood cancer charity Bloodwise in his memory.

“Always strive for excellence in everything you do. Together we were amazing and I know that my Grandad is so very proud,” he said after the record was confirmed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Oscars Stunt Category Pushed for After The Fall Guy Breaks Record
Forum | 1 day ago

Oscars Stunt Category Pushed for After The Fall Guy Breaks Record

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’
Forum | 4 days ago

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 6 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers