‘What Tiwa Savage’s pregnancy means for Nigerian female artistes’ – Lola Rae

Forum 9 years ago

‘What Tiwa Savage’s pregnancy means for Nigerian female artistes’ – Lola Rae

On January 1, 2015, award winning pop diva, Tiwa Savage announced to the world that she she is pregnant with her first child with her hubby, Tunji Balogun .

Since Tiwa’s announcement, music pundits have continued to analyse what the pregnancy portends for the Nigerian music industry and recently, NET cornered pretty UK-based Nigerian singer, Lola Raewho recently returned to the country after a brief hiatus.

When asked if Tiwa Savage’s pregnancy gives a window of opportunity for fast rising female acts to take the shine, Lola Rae said: ‘Well, I’m really really happy for her, I congratulate her because it’s an amazing thing, I don’t think it necessarily creates a vacuum, because at the end of the day, Beyonce was pregnant and still she came back and she was on top, I just feel everybody should continue at their work rate and if God blesses us as much as he has blessed Tiwa, we’ll all be smiling together, I don’t think it’s a vacuum, I think it’s a blessing.’
[ads4]
Lola Rae made her debut onto the music scene in November 2012 with her debut singles,‘Watch My Ting Go’and‘High’featuringBridge(of L.O.S.). She recently signed a management deal withTwenty 20 Media led byKamal Ajiboyeand just dropped her first single of 2015 titled‘You know what my name is.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 3 hours ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 4 hours ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 4 hours ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business
Forum | 5 hours ago

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business