Why I name Giroud captain – Wenger

Forum 7 years ago

Why I name Giroud captain – Wenger

Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, says striker, Olivier Giroud has done everything to deserve the captain band of the club.

Giroud was made the captain and the manager noted that it was a reward for the striker’s patience and hard work.

The striker continued his run of fine form, finding the back of net for the fourth straight game as he led the Gunners to a 2-1 win on Saturday.

The Frenchman struggled for game time earlier in the season and has made just three Premier League starts.

The French manager said his surprise decision to hand Giroud the captain band was because the 30-year-old had remained consistent and determined.

Wenger said, “I named him captain, I like to rotate the captaincy.

“He went through a period where he was of course in discomfort because he didn’t play and during this period that was quite long.

“He kept his focus and worked, I think he has shown leadership qualities so I made him captain today.

“He scored recently many goals. In the squad, everybody contributes. It’s not about 11 and he is at the moment in good form,

“So for one month he scores goal after goal.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 1 week ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series
Forum | 1 week ago

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series