Junior Pope: We Rescued 7 Persons, 2 Died And 3 Bodies Are Yet To Be Recovered - NIWA Speak On Boat Accident

Forum 2 weeks ago

Junior Pope: We Rescued 7 Persons, 2 Died And 3 Bodies Are Yet To Be Recovered - NIWA Speak On Boat Accident

The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) has provided more detailed information regarding the number of individuals involved, casualties, and survivors in the boat accident that occurred in Anambra State, involving the well-known Nollywood star John Paul Odonwodo, commonly known as 'Junior Pope.'

NIWA Area Manager Mr Suleiman Nicholas told Vanguard that contrary to the claim that the incident happen in Anam, Anambra West Local Government Area, of the state, the incident actually happened at the Akpaka Area a suburb of Onitsha and Nsugbe Anambra East Local Government Area, when the victims were coming back from Anam, where they went to shoot a movie.

Mr. Nicholas, further disclosed that they were twelve in the ill fated boat, and seven of the victims were rescued a life, two were recovered dead, while three are still missing and out of the three missing, two are female, while one is male.

The NIWA Area Manager, stated that his men are already at the scene of the incident in Akpaka Area of Onitsha and Nsugbe, conducting rescue and recovery activities, with the men of Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria and Marine Police.

Asked if the popular Nollywood actor, John Paul Odobwido, aka Junior Pope was one of the dead victims, he said “my people said Junior Pope was one of the dead’.

Further question on the cause of the incident, Mr Nicholas said “Whatever you will get now as the cause of the incident may not be accurate, we are waiting for the report from my men who are at the scene of the incident, my men are on the water now to recover the remaining three missing victims”.

The recent boat mishap is happening barely three months after the January 4th to 5th boat mishap that happened in Umumu Umuebwelum Anam, Anambra West Local Government area.

The ill fated boat involved in the January accident was said to have taken off at Ojolofe Idah Water Front Idah Local Government Area Kogi State and on arrival at Umumu Umuebwelum Anam Anam hit a barrier and capsized.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 8 hours ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

It
Forum | 3 days ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident
Forum | 4 days ago

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 4 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos